Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Week One Reflections

My goal during the first week was to establish a classroom environment where the students felt safe, felt that they were truly respected, where their voices would be heard, and they would have fun. My assessment after this past week is that it was a success. I heard feedback from the special Ed department that their students in my class were raving about what we were doing. These are some of the most difficult behavioral students in the school and I had connected with them. I feel really good about this beginning with these students. I made the first week all about the student, and the result was the easiest most calm first week I can remember ever having. The students were as calm as me. We had many laughs and shared a lot about our lives one another. This week, we begin with the curriculum. It will be interesting to see if the atmosphere from last wek will carry over into this week. Until next week, Happy Teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment