Total Pageviews

Monday, October 31, 2011

Week 8

This past week was a worker bee type week. The topic in class was the U.S. Constitution. More specifically speaking, the three branches of government. To accomplish this, I printed a packet for each branch, and had the students work on them on their pods. We discussed each branch through a question and answer sessions on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. It wasn't the most exciting week, but I felt pressed for time, and needed to cover the information quickly. To gauge student understanding, this upcoming week I will have the students create mind maps to demonstrate their understanding of the information. Until next time, Happy Teaching!!

2 comments:

  1. May be it is that time of year. Lots to do!! I like that you still used something other than direct instruction. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the students can learn a lot from each other so learning in small groups (their pods) is a good idea and definitely more interesting than you teaching with a powerpoint.

    ReplyDelete